Diploma In Safety & Security Management
This is a comprehensive safety and security course that covers BOTH Safety AND Security due to the
high demand for a combination of safety and security skills.
The course is designed to provide participants with the tools and approaches that are needed for strategic
safety and security management.
Who should take this course?
The primary target for this course will include persons who seek new careers or promotion in the field of
safety and security management, the police, prison, military and other Government Security agencies.
Others are personnel from the private sectors such as business enterprises, financial institutions, security
officers from private security and the banking sector. The course is also very relevant to school leavers
aspiring for careers in public and private security.
Learners will benefit from the program in the following ways:
- Improved performance for public and private safety and security personnel
- Enhanced professionalism
- Expanded job market opportunities
- Introduction to Health, Safety & Environment
- Principles and practice of Unsafe Act Auditing
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Fire safety/ First aid & CPR
- Occupational Health & Hygiene
- Environmental Protection/Waste Management
- Importance of HSE Incident Reporting & Investigation
- HSE Management System (HSE – MS)
- Hazard and Effect Management Process (HEMP)
- Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Permit to Work system (PTW)
- Journey Management System
- Duties & Responsibilities of a Safety officer
- Introduction to Security Management
- Duties & Responsibilities of a Security Department
- Risk Analysis & Security Survey
- Building & Perimeter Barriers / Surveillance Devices
- Intrusion & Access control measures/ Alarm systems
- Criminal law and security practice in Nigeria
- The security officers powers of Search & Arrest
- Arrests, investigation, interviewing & interrogation
- Security patrols/ security reports & record-keeping
- Public relations & the security officer
- Industrial disputes & the role of security
- Court procedure & the law of evidence
- The security manager – Duties & Responsibilities
End of Course Assessment/ Examination
An online assessment is taken on completion of the training. You will be asked multiple choice
questions with a pass mark of 50%. The answers are marked automatically so you instantly know
whether you have passed. If you don’t pass, do not worry! You can take the test as many times as you
need with no extra charge.
On successful completion of the course, participants will be issued with a personalized DPR/Shell
Accredited Diploma Certificate in Safety & Security Management, and delivered by post (DHL
delivery service) the next working day.
Fee for postal delivery of certificate by DHL: To be determined.