Fire Fighting & Prevention
It is estimated that more than 2,500 workplace fires occur every day. And no matter how good your
company’s fire extinguishing equipment are, if the workers who will use them are not trained,
the extinguishers and extinguishers and equipment will remain useless.
To prevent deaths and human injury, damage to property and consequent losses, it is essential that all
company workers be trained in fire fighting and prevention techniques.
- To equip employees with knowledge and skills in fire prevention and control
- To prevent loss of life and personal injury to employees.
- To protect company property, and
- Provide uninterrupted operations.
- How fires start.
- How fire are classified.
- Ignition sources of fire.
- How to prevent fire
- How to identify the proper fire Extinguisher to use
- How to use a portable fire Extinguisher.
- How to extinguish fires.
- How to inspect your fire extinguisher.
- How to use an emergency action plan.
- How to evacuate a burning building.
- What to do if trapped in a burning building
Who should take this course: All company Employees
Methodology: Lectures, Practicals & Film Show.
End of Course Assessment/ Examination
An online assessment is taken on completion of the training. You will be asked multiple choice
questions with a pass mark of 50%. The answers are marked automatically so you instantly know
whether you have passed. If you don’t pass, do not worry! You can take the test as many times as you
need with no extra charge.
On successful completion of the course, participants will be issued with a personalized DPR/ Shell
Accredited Fire Fighting and Prevention, and delivered by post (DHL delivery service) the next working day.
Fee for postal delivery of certificate by DHL: To be determined.